♦♦♦IMPORTANT ELECTION NEWS♦♦♦
Ballot applications for the November 3, 2020 election can be placed in the Ballot Box outside the main entrance to Town Hall. The State is mailing ballot applications to ALL registered voters. If you have already applied for an Absentee Ballot application, you do not NEED to apply a second time.
If you have registered to vote AFTER August 26, 2020 and are planning to vote by Absentee Ballot you must send an application to the Office of The Town Clerk. You can print and complete an Absentee Ballot by clicking the link below. Mail to Bethany Town Clerk, 40 Peck Rd, Bethany CT 06524.
You may reach the Town Clerk on 203-393-2100 X1104 for further information.
The Poll for in-person voting on November 3, 2020 will be OPEN from 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
An Important Message about the COVID-19 from the First Selectman
TOWN HALL IS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC BY APPOINTMENT ONLY FOR ALL TRANSACTIONS INCLUDING PAYING TAXES.
Call the appropriate department using this list: Quick Reference Extension Numbers.
Sign up below to receive CodeRED announcements on COVID-19 updates and other important information impacting the Town.
10/16/2020 As noted in the last CodeRED message, we will continue to provide a weekly update via the Town website and Town Facebook page. There appears to be some confusion with information provided by QVHD and the DPH. Information provided in our weekly update comes directly from QVHD based on their report. It seems that there is a time lapse between the two departments when information is shared. We have reached out to QVHD to get some answers. Please check back for updates periodically.
- Senior Center – See LATEST NEWS below for scheduled activities.
- Senior Bus Service Protocol 203-393-2100 x-1324.
- Clark Memorial Library will be closed until further notice. but residents are encouraged to use online resources whenever possible. If you need your library card renewed, please call 203-393-2103.
- VETERANS PARK GUIDELINES: Open to Bethany Residents Only. No Out-of-Town Permits will be available this season.
Dial 2-1-1 or text CTCOVID to 898211 with questions or concerns.
Some of the recommended protocols that health officials encourage us all to follow include:
- It is generally advised to stay away from large gatherings, i.e. social distancing.
- NO handshaking – Use a fist bump or an elbow bump.
- Use ONLY your knuckle to touch light switches, elevator buttons, etc.
- Lift the gasoline dispenser with a paper towel or use a disposable glove.
- Open doors with your closed fist or hip. Do NOT grasp the handle with your hand, unless there is no other way to open the door, especially on bathroom and commercial doors. Use a paper towel when available.
- Use disinfectant wipes at stores when they are available, including wiping the handle and child seat in grocery stores.
- Wash your hands with soap for 20 seconds and/or use a greater than 60% alcohol-based hand-sanitizer whenever you return home from ANY activity that involves locations where other people have been.
- If possible, cough or sneeze into a disposable tissue and discard. Use the crook of your elbow only if you have to.
- You should be washing your hands 8-10 times daily, on average, and every time you use the restroom, you return home and before and after you eat.
- Wear a face mask when out in public.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. Take care of yourselves and follow the health guidance and recommendations shared with you via the media and other department communications.
If you have any concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact my office at 203-393-2100 x 1100 or by email me at Paula Cofrancesco.
- FINAL DRAFT W/REVISIONS – Bethany Zoning Regulations September, 2020
- FREE STUFF
- STORM DEBRIS CLEANUP STARTS SAT, SEP 5
- ***UPCOMING SENIOR ACTIVITIES***
- IMPORTANT NOTICE TO DOG OWNERS
- Statewide Program for Victims of Crime
- INSTRUCTIONS FOR ACCESSING TOWN HALL DURING REOPENING
- Board of Assessment Appeals – Legal Notice for MV
- VIRTUAL BULLETIN BOARD
- REVIEW LATEST ZONING REGULATIONS
- 2020 BCS Contracts
- Amity Reg 5 Announces 2019-20 Contracts
- LAND USE – CONSOLIDATED MEETING SCHEDULE
- EVERYTHING YOU WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT CARS…..