Fran Doba, CMCC
Peg Duffy, CCMC
Assistant Tax Collector
Bethany Town Hall
40 Peck Road
Bethany, CT 06524-3322
Hours: Monday through Friday – 9:00 AM-4:30 PM
2020 Grand List (2021 Taxes) Mill Rate: 34.50
Information Regarding the Payment Link:
The following is information you should know when using this website for payment of Bethany Real Estate, Personal Property, and Motor Vehicle taxes:
- There is no fee to you or to the town for making a tax payment using the Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) through this website. It is the same as sending a check.
- If you choose to make your payment using the Credit or Debit Card option, please note there is a 2.5% Convenience Fee charged by Webster Bank. We accept MasterCard, Visa and Discover cards.
- For Partial Payments: Proceed through the payment process until you get to Verify Payment screen where you will select your Payment Type and enter the amount you wish to pay.
- Concerning payment deadlines: your online payment will be considered timely if it is entered before 8 PM on the last day to pay shown on your bill or is postmarked by USPS with the last date to pay regardless of when it is received by the Tax Office. The Payment Date shown on the transaction website is the date when the funds transfer will occur.
- If your tax bill contains the message Back Taxes Also Due, please be aware that any payment you make will be applied first to interest and delinquent taxes from previous years. Any delinquent taxes due on motor vehicles must be paid by bank check, money order, or cash for D.M.V. clearance to be issued. Do not send cash by mail.
- If you are making your tax payment after the ‘Delinquent After’ date, be aware that interest charges of 1.5% per month will have accrued from the Due Date. The amount due on this website always reflects the current amount due including any interest that may apply.