Do I need an attorney to present my case to the board?

The presence of any attorney is not required. An applicant may present his/her own case if he/she wishes. In many instances, particularly in more complicated cases, applicants have chosen to be represented by a professional, such as an attorney, a planning consultant, an architect, or a contractor, well versed in zoning matters. Sometimes an applicant will choose a relative or friend to represent him/her. This choice is entirely up to the applicant.