Job Title: Recycling Center Attendant
Department: Public Works
Classification: Full-time; Non-Union
Town of Bethany Department of Public Works is responsible for the operation and maintenance, of the Recycling Center and other support services associated with this area.
Two full-time Recycling Center Attendants provide full-time oversight of the center.
The Recycling Attendant reports to the Public Works Manager or the Working Foreman or the First Selectman in the absence of these two supervisors.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all responsibilities and duties associated with the position.
- Work under the direction of the Public Works Manager or Working Foreman.
- Share knowledge with the Public Works Manager/Department Head or Working Foreman regarding any issues relating to the operation of the Center.
- Perform the day-to-day operations of the Center, which may include:the opening and closing of the Center; keeping the area organized and clean.
- Assist the public and town staff as needed
- Manage and operate necessary Center equipment.
- Work with Public Works Manager or Working Foreman in the managing of Recycling Center trailer changeouts.
Ability to work well with town staff and members of the public.
Ability to work in varying weather conditions.
Ability to operate all Center equipment.
Ability to assist residents as appropriate and needed.
Self-motivated; positive attitude; flexibility with all situations.
Licenses / Certificates / Registrations
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must have and maintain appropriate DEEP recycling certification – training provided.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Work is performed outdoors in varying weather conditions. Requires operating equipment and maintaining a clean and organized area.
While performing the duties of this job, the Recycling Center Attendant is regularly required to move with a moderate to high level of dexterity.
This job description provides only general information concerning this position. The statements and information contained in this job description are subject to change.
The job description is not intended to be and should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of duties, responsibilities, requirement or conditions of this position.
Incumbents may be required to perform other duties and responsibilities or may be subject to other requirements or conditions.
Apply to: First Selectman's Office, Paula Cofrancesco at email@example.com