7/7/2022 - Land Use & Building Department Clerk Position Opening
CLERK POSITION OPENING
LAND USE & BUILDING DEPARTMENT
Part-Time Clerk Position Open.
The Building and Land Use Clerk reports directly to the Land Use Administrator and aids the Building Officials in their duties. The position requires a thorough working knowledge of various computer programs: Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel. The ability to learn other computer programs will be required. General responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Ability to deal in a courteous and professional manner, both on the phone and in person, with the general public, building contractors, land surveyors, professional engineers, and other professionals related to the building field.
• General understanding and ability to receive and process applications for various types of building-related permits including zoning permits.
• Receipt and processing of application fees.
• Processing of department invoices.
• Creation, organization, and maintenance of Building files.
• Draft/preparation and submission of reports/fees to various state and federal agencies.
• Review and update various building department forms and informational documents.
• Demonstrate ability to write general business letters, memorandums, reports, forms, and other written material to be able to assist with Building Department correspondence, including drafting of letters of compliance, and/or other documentations requested in relation to building and land use.
• Ability to work independently as required.
Interested parties should contact the Land Use Administrator at (203) 393-2100 ext. 1115 or email LFrazer@bethany-ct.com with cover letter, resume and at least three references. PLEASE POST UNTIL CLOSE OF BUSINESS – DATE AUGUST 15, 2022. The Town of Bethany is an equal opportunity employer.