POSITION AVAILABLE - ACCOUNTING CLERK – F/T
Performs bookkeeping and payroll duties as assigned, including data entry, departmental receipts, police special duty, recycling center reporting, reconciliation of bank statements, credit card reconciliations, and materials purchasing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Verifies proper recording of departmental receipts, enters data into accounting software and files receipts. Prepares and makes all necessary bank deposits. Performs bank reconciliation process in accounting software which includes clearing cancelled checks.
- Reconciles receipts made through credit cards.
- Acts as the chief purchasing agent for the town. Compiles orders, obtains price quotes and places the orders for all central supplies and most departmental needs.
- Verifies monthly/quarterly/annual departmental reports for various State agencies.
- Maintains accounts receivable for police special duty and various other entities.
- Maintains detailed records of all grant funds from the State and enters their receipt in the software system.
- Assists with the preparation of all documents for annual audit.
- Serves as the backup for Payroll and Accounts Payable Processing.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of bookkeeping principles, methods and practices, including standard office methods and procedures.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision, follow procedures, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with other employees and with the general public.
- Microsoft Office software, Excel proficiency a must.
Associates degree in accounting or finance; business school courses and 2 years’ experience in accounting office; high school diploma and 4 years’ experience in accounting office. Municipal or nonprofit experience a plus.
$43,500 - $47,500
Submit resume to email@example.com.