DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS
The Mechanic is primarily responsible for the maintenance and repair of all Public Works vehicles
and equipment, as well as other Town vehicles and equipment.
- High School Diploma (or GED) required
- Minimum of five (5) years experience as a qualified mechanic working in a recognized
repair or public works facility
- Must possess a valid Connecticut Commercial Driver License – Class B (Class A a plus)
- Must possess a valid Air Brake Endorsement
- Must possess a valid State of CT Brake Installation Certification
- Must be experienced in computerized vehicle diagnostic testing
- Must have snow plowing experience
- Must have knowledge of grounds-keeping equipment for repairs and be able to weld and
- Mechanic will assist with other Public Works tasks as necessary
- Pre-employment background check and physical with alcohol and drug test
- Town will provide some specialized tools; mechanic should possess own set of tools
Full-time, 40-hours per week, union position. Required to work overtime as needed.
Position is open until filled.
Application form available upon request via email. Application
along with a resume may be submitted electronically or in person to First Selectman’s Office,
Bethany Town Hall, 40 Peck Road, Bethany. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE