The Grand List year runs from October 1 through September 30. Your Motor Vehicle will be taxed in the town in which it is registered on October 1 when the Grand List is pulled from the DMV data base.
Current Mill Rate for Real Estate, Motor Vehicle and Personal Property for the 2019 Grand List (2020 Taxes) is 36.56
The Assessor’s Office maintains records of each parcel of Real Estate, Motor Vehicle and business equipment in Bethany. The main function of the Assessor’s Office is to prepare and perfect the Grand List.
- The Grand List is comprised of all taxable and tax exempt properties, real and personal.
- The Real Estate list is adjusted for new construction, additions and alterations. Owner’s names and exemptions are maintained and updated.
- Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles sends lists to the Assessor’s Office twice per year. Motor Vehicle identification numbers are matched to the average retail values as supplied by the National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA).
- Personal Property list is comprised of business equipment as provided by the business owner(s) on the annual Personal Property Declarations due by November 1.
After the Grand List is signed, the Board of Assessment Appeals, an elected board consisting of three (3) officials, conducts hearings and adjusts values as deemed appropriate.
The Assessor’s Office is responsible for certain State mandated reporting requirements. Our office administers exemption programs and assistance programs offered by the State of Connecticut and the Town of Bethany.
Betsy Quist, CCMA II
Peg Duffy, CCMC
Bethany Town Hall
40 Peck Road
Bethany, CT 06524-3322
Assessor’s Assistant: Monday through Friday: 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
2-Application for MV Tax Exemption for Active Duty Military (Deadline for filing is December 31)
3-Board of Assessment Appeals Petition Application (Deadline for filing is February 19 in office…postmark not considered)
6-Applications for Elderly Homeowners 2021 Press Release (New Applicants Only – Deadline for filing is May 15-Application must include Federal Tax Return & SSA-1099)
7-M28-Application for Exemption for Farm Machinery Horses or Ponies (Deadline for filing is November 1)
- What’s New at Parks & Rec? 40 Peck Road Bethany, CT 06524 203-393-2100 X1127 STATUS OF PLAYGROUND AT VET'S PARK as of 05/26/2021 The budget to repair the playground at Veteran’s Memorial Park was approved at the Annual Town Meeting held at BVFD on Wed, May 26. It will remain closed until the surface replacement is completed. Work is expected to begin sometime in July. ...