Registrar of Voters
The Registrars of Voters are responsible for maintaining an accurate voter list and supervising all town, state and federal elections in a non-partisan and fair manner. The Registrars also register new voters and remove the names of persons who had died or moved out of Bethany. The gradual increase in Bethany’s population is usually accompanied by an increase in the number of registered voters. Voter registration is the responsibility of residents themselves to register to vote in Bethany. The Registrars are happy to assist voters with any questions regarding voter registration or elections.
William L. Brinton
Paul Gilfillan (D)
Janet B. Hescock (R)
Registrar of Voters
40 Peck Road
Bethany, CT 06524-3322
Am I registered to vote in Bethany?
You may use this link to the Secretary of the State’s website to check. You may also call or e-mail us – we would be happy to confirm your voting status. http://www.dir.ct.gov/sots/LookUp.aspx
What are the registration requirements?
To register to vote in Bethany, a person must be (1) a U.S. citizen, (2) a resident of Bethany, (3) at least 17 years of age (but 18 to vote), and (4) if convicted of a disenfranchising felony, released from confinement and parole.
What are the registration deadlines?
Before a referendum: Residents may register to vote up to the day before. Before a primary: Mailed in registrations must be postmarked by 5 days before the primary date; residents may register in person by 12:00 noon of the last business day before the primary. In Connecticut, voters must be affiliated with the party holding the primary in order to participate.* Before a regular election, mail-in registrations must be postmarked by the 14th day before Election Day; residents may register in person by the 7th day before the election.
Can I get a mail-in voter registration card?
Mail-in voter registration cards are available at the Town Clerk’s office and the Clark Memorial Library.
How do I change my name, address or party affiliation?
Changes of address, party affiliation or name can be made with the same mail-in registrations cards. *Please note that if you are switching between major parties (for example, before a primary), there is a 90 day waiting period before party privileges mature.
Who is eligible to vote in referenda?
Those eligible to vote in referenda are (1) registered voters or (2) U.S. citizens who are 18 years of age and liable for taxes on property assessed at not less than $1,000 on the last-completed Grand List.
When are elections held?
In even-numbered years, Election Day is the first Tuesday after the first Monday of November. In odd-numbered years, it is the first Monday of May. Also in May, traditionally the Amity Regional School budget goes to referendum every year on the first Tuesday or Wednesday.
How can I vote absentee?
Absentee ballots are handled by the Town Clerk’s office. The process involves (1) applying for an absentee ballot, and (2) receiving, filling out, and delivering the ballot. Both steps can be carried out in person at the Town Clerk’s office or by mail. If you send your ballot by mail, be sure to give enough time for the Post Office to deliver it before Election Day. Any vote arriving after the last delivery does not count!
How can I work at the polls?
Working as an election official can be a rewarding and interesting experience. You may either check off the box when you register to vote or call the Registrars to express your interest.
- QVHD OFFERS EMERGENCY RESPONSE TRAINING Or click on link below to go directly to QVHD website for more information: Quinnipiac Valley Health Department
- INLAND WETLANDS COMMISSION MEETING CHANGE NOTICE OF CANCELLATION OF MEETING NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT THERE WILL BE NO MEETING OF THE BETHANY INLAND WETLANDS COMMISSION ON MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 2018. THE INLAND WETLANDS COMMISSION WILL HOLD A SPECIAL MEETING ON MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 17, 2018, AT 7:30 P.M. RESPECTFULLY SUBMITTED, ANTONIA R. MAREK, CLERK BETHANY INLAND WETLANDS COMMISSION
- TRASH COLLECTION CHANGES COMING IN SEPTEMBER TRASH COLLECTION CHANGES IN SEPTEMBER SEE COMPLETE DOCUMENT AND MAP. GO TO: DEPARTMENTS > PUBLIC WORKS
- INTERIM SUPERINTENDENT CONTRACT- AMITY REG 5 INTERIM SUPERINTENDENT - AMITY REG 5 CONTRACT-629145420-0001
- NON RESIDENT SEASONAL PARK PERMIT Vet's Park Non Resident Permit Application.2018
- EVERYTHING YOU WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT CARS….. Here are a few guidelines to help you to avoid confusion with municipal taxes on Motor Vehicles. Keep in mind that the Grand List year runs from October 1st to September 30th. So for example, our Assessor pulled the 2017 Grand List from DMV for all the vehicle records showing Bethany as the Tax Town ...
- Bethany Bulletin Archives Bethany Bulletin April_2018 Bethany Bulletin - March 2018 Bethany Bulletin_Feb 2018
- Bethany Community School Labor Contracts In accordance with the requirement of Section 157 of June Special Session, Public Act 17-2, to provide you with signed copies of any contract for administrative personnel, attached please find copies of the current agreements with administrators for the following Bethany Board of Education administrative personnel: Superintendent Principal Director of Curriculum and Learning IT Director ...
- What’s New at Parks & Rec? Summer Camp 2018 Brochure Rec Room 2017-2018 Beth-Wood Baseball JCIT Application 2018 CIT Application 2018 YES Soccer Camp 2018 Dance Attitude APR-MAY 2018 Adult Zumba and Cardio Program Bethany Vet's Park Non Resident Permit Application_2018
- Monthly Seniority Newsletters (Archives) Bethany Seniority January 2017 Bethany Seniority February 2017 Bethany Seniority March 2017 Bethany Seniority April 2017 Bethany Seniority May 2017 Bethany Seniority June 2017 Bethany Seniority July 2017 Bethany Seniority August 2017 Bethany Seniority September 2017 Bethany Seniority October 2017 Bethany Seniority November 2017 Bethany Seniority December 2017 Bethany Seniority January 2018 Bethany Seniority February 2018 Bethany Seniority March 2018 Bethany Seniority April 2018 Bethany Seniority May 2018 Bethany Seniority June 2018 Bethany ...